Let me tell you about the time I almost stepped on a snake and then Jack Black the “Wild Life” guy showed up at my house to see if we had a snake den nesting in our front porch. Sounds like a nightmare right? Ok, the only part that didn’t happen is the wild life guy only looked like Jack Black it wasn’t actually him…and it was probably only one snake not a den.
You guys, snakes are like my biggest fear EVER! (imagine me saying that in a valley girl accent, like Shoshanna from Girls) So when I almost stepped on that guy <—- I freaked out! I did the total girly scream and sprinted down the street dragging my clueless dogs behind me. Only to find him curled up on my front steps later that week.
Totally not cool. Again, I screamed and leaped over him like a Jim Carrey ballerina.
Long story short, Jack Black told us stuff we already knew, like how to fill in all the cracks in the steps and we are out 70 bucks! Thanks for nothing Jack. I don’t think we have a den, but just to make sure we are taking care of it ASAP!!
Let’s talk about better things. Like this tree in our yard! I love this tree so much, it brings me so much joy! It’s like standing under a pink umbrella. I can’t get enough of it.
You know what else I can’t get enough of?
Iced Coffee. If you live in the Bel Air area, check out the Jaded Bean. Some cute young hip chick owns it. I need to find out her name, and life story and befriend her because I need more cool people in my life. Anyway, they have local musicians who play on the weekends and sometimes during the week too. Soooo very cool.
Check out my goofy ass selfie. For real, how do people take selfies that turn out good? They must take a million of them just to find the right one. Who has that kind of time? Not me.
Target impulse buys. I had to get some laundry detergent from the Target the other day. Remember in the 90’s when we used to call it Tar-zhay? We thought we were so cool and French. French people must think we’re dumb. All I have to say to you French people that think we American’s are dumb is….’Merica!
Anyway, back to Target impulse buys, I just needed some Tide, but before you know it, I left with every face mask they had. The package says they have 80% natural ingredients. Wonder what the other 20% is? Poison! It’s probably some crazy cancerous product, but it’s let’s face it, beauty has a price. Right?
Last night I tried the vitamin C face peel. Here’s another selfie for your enjoyment. You’re welcome!
I accidentally bought the wrong body scrub. I just wanted exfoliation, not firming. It smells like chocolate coffee when I take a shower now. Could be worse. Besides who doesn’t like chocolate coffee?
Nothing gets better than this guy right here. Look at him, building fires and getting pedicures.
After the snake stress and all the other daily stress factors, we figured we would go get a pedi. Men, if you’re not doing this, you need to get on board. Pedi’s are a thing. Like a real man thing. Trust me, women know how to treat ourselves. Do it.
Another good thing: watching my 3 boys play football in our yard. I watched from the patio roof while I sipped wine. It was fabulous.
I’ll leave you with this pretty picture of my beautiful flower that is growing by the
snake nest I mean, steps. See, there is always some good sometimes you just have to look for it.